The duties of the Records Access Officer are established by statute and include:
- Coordinating the North Attleborough Public School District's response to public records requests;
- Assisting individuals who seek records to identify the records sought;
- Assisting the custodian of records to preserve public records in accordance with the law;
- Preparing, posting online, and periodically updating guidelines to enable the public to make informed public record requests; and
- Documenting, in compliance with c. 66 § 6A(e), specific information about each request made for public records.